I looked at the logo's that had eagles on them, and decided I liked the eagle on the US Marine's one the best. So, I blew up the image on my computer until it was the size that I wanted for the side of the cake. I then taped the images to a board and covered them with saran (like you would for run-sugar). I decided on which tips to use (I think 3 or 4, not sure), and piped the eagle over the image. They came out pretty good:
This is the eagle, before he was painted and dusted.
I piped ten (10) of them, even though I only needed 5. I figured this way I would have my pick of the best ones. Once they were all dry, I painted them with a light brown color, then dry dusted them with Old Gold luster dust.
They came out fantastic!!!
I didn't paint them with luster dust/vodka mixture because I really don't like how it looks when it dries. It kind of dries splotchy to me. This produced a much better looking product, in my opinion!