Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, lol!

Hello to everyone still reading this blog (if there any, lol).  I haven't dissappeared, I've just been busy and though I've done some cakes, there haven't been too many.  I am going to try to post more to this blog, since I will be working on more and more cake stuff in the coming year.  I will try to post some pictures tonight of cakes that I have done.

I hadn't been posting as I did the cakes (especially the competition ones) because I had decided it was best to not "show my hand" to any potential judges beforehand.  Well.......that led to me not posting at all, lol.  So, judges be damned, I'm going to start posting again as I'm working on a project.  :)

So....you might be wondering why I'm going to be busier with cake stuff in the next year or so (and if you're not, I'm still going to tell you, lol). Next summer (2013) at the Convention in Lexington KY, I am going to be one of the candidates for Certification. Yes....I've bitten the bullet and decided to do it! This wasn't a decision that was arrived at lightly....I have been thinking about it and learning about it for the better part of three years. I signed up after the Convention this past summer in Charlotte and my application was accepted. I will post more at a later date explaining Certification a little bit more.

I have deliberately not mentioned which Convention I am talking about, but those of you that are part of the international cake group that I belong too will be able to figure it out.  Since I am a State Rep for a little while longer, I am choosing to not have this blog associated in any way with the Group.  I do not wish my rantings and such to reflect on the Group, therefore I am hopefully not creating a connection on this blog between me and the Group.



~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment