Friday, March 12, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things........ (sing it, you know you want too!)

We are now T-7 (**Correction....T-6 days.......this was started yesterday, lol) days until I leave for the cake show in Virginia.  If anyone wants to read about it, you can check it out here: www.cakeshow.org   Got some work done today, even though I slept in and had to run out this afternoon, lol.  Made some more royal icing, did some more piping.  Tomorrow is set aside for piping cross-stitch stitches in royal icing.......in 12 different colors.  Will let you know how it goes!

I was thinking about yesterday's post on inspiration, and realized I have another picture, and story, to share. 

This cake was done for a wedding cake competition, and the theme of the competition was "Fabric Fantasies."  The idea was to find a fabric to inspire your cake design. 


The fabric has blue stars outlined in gold and gold swirls in random patterns all over it.  Each tier of the cake features blue gumpaste stars outlined in white, and hand painted gold swirls.  In addition, there are hand made gumpaste hydrangeas and roses inside the gold swirl-y seperator.  The cake topper is also made up of hydrangeas and roses.

The fabric had to be incorporated into the table decoration somehow, so the fabric is laid over the white table cloth I had.  There are also handmade gumpaste hydrangeas scattered on the table.


I love making gumpaste flowers, and as such, I try to put them on every cake I do.  I've even done just flowers and entered them into competitions.  Here are some others I've done (sorry, can't figure out how to arranged them how I want, lol):


I guess this arrangement is going to have to do, lol.  As you can see, I like Sweet Peas, I think they are a very pretty, dainty flower.  There are also hydrangeas and a rose in the pictures.  I must be pretty good at them, since all but one have won an award in their category :)


 
That's all for now, wanted to finish up the post I started yesterday and never finished because the &^#&#$^ pictures wouldn't go where I wanted them too, and I ran out of patience dealing with it, lol.



What are some of your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment