Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve Appetizer!

Hello all my loyal fans!  This not a cake/baking post today.  It is a recipe for an appetizer I made for my friend Janet's NYE Party.





I took a pound of 85% lean ground beef and cooked it up in a frying pan with two teaspoons of taco seasoning and some onion powder.  Once that was done, I drained it in a colander to get some of the fat out of it and let it cool off.







Then I cooked a cup of frozen corn with a half cup of black beans (drained and rinsed) and two teaspoons of taco seasoning also.  I added a little bit of water to the pan, and cooked them for about 5 minutes or so.  Then I drained them and let them cool off.








Once both the meat and the vegetables were cooled off, I mixed them together in a bowl and added 8oz of finely shredded mexican blend cheese.





I then opened the package of wonton wrappers.













Placed one on the counter, and put a generous teaspoon of the filling in the center.






















Painted the edges of the wrapper with water.













Folded it up like a triangle.













I then wet two of the points and folded them together.








They were quite a hit!  I made about 92 of them, and they flew off the platter almost as fast as we got them out of the oven!



There will be some cookie posts coming up in the next few weeks, as well as a baby shower cake, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I can attest to how awesome these were! I cannot wait to make them myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may add chopped up shredded carrots next time I make them. :)

    ReplyDelete