Saturday, January 8, 2011

Teddy Bears

So I figured out why I was having so much trouble piping the rest of the ducky's last night.  The icing was too thick.  I think I might have left out some of the liquid when making the icing!  It was just as hard to pipe them this morning as it was last night, so I emptied the bag I was using, and added some milk to the icing to thin it down, and put it back into a clean bag.  It was sooooooooooo much easier to pipe that way! 

Once I finished the initial flooding of the ducky's, I moved on to flooding the teddy bears.  I decided I wanted the bears to look like babies, so I used some white icing and piped diapers on them first. 

 Once the icing was set, I went ahead and flooded the body of the bears.

Then, while the bears body's set up, I went ahead and added eyes to the ducky's.  I was going to add some feathers, but I don't think it's necessary at the moment.  I am going to add a little piped flower to the ducky's head though, I think it's cute :) 

Once the teddy bears were set up, I piped eyes on all of them.  I attempted to pipe mouths (or more correctly, bear faces) on them, but it just wasn't coming out right.  I also tried just mouths, and didn't like that - it just didn't look like a bear face.

I wasn't sure what to do about it, so I stopped with trying to pipe the mouths and decided to think about it.  I thought about using edible markers, but can't find mine (figures!).  I decided to try hand painting them on tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment