Saturday, April 9, 2011

BCC Skills USA Cake Show

Today I attended a cake show that is near my house.  It is put on by the local Community College.  It features a wedding cake portion, as well as a Divisional portion.  Entrants range from Novice to Professional. 

I did not enter this show, I have been too buys getting ready for Great American at the end of April.


Here are some of the cakes (and portions of cakes) that I saw!

This was a cool nautical-themed cake.  Check out the "rope" on the base, the "wooden" ships wheel.  The coral is cooked isomalt (a type of sugar substitute). 


This cake has gumpaste shamrocks on it!


This is another nautical-themed cake - it was pretty impressive!


Some exquisite piping!!!


Beautiful cherry blossoms!


Really cool beach fence, complete with seaweed!!!


This boardwalk looks like it came right from the shore!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment