Monday, September 5, 2011

Armed Forces Day

Here is the post you've all been eagerly waiting for!!!!   Pictures of the finished cake that I entered at the Great American Cake Show in Westminster Maryland back in the beginning of May.

The cake was not assembled prior to transporting it to Maryland.  Not because I didn't think it would make it, but rather because I ran out of time, lol!  Also because I suck at arranging flowers, and needed the advice of some good friends that were at the show with me.

So..........without further ado, here it is, in all it's glory!



I'm sure you're all asking yourselves one question...."Well....how did the cake do???"  Fortunately for you, I'll tell you, lol!

The awards ceremony for the show is held on the last day of the show, at about 4pm.  They go through all the divisional awards, and then they do the Wedding Cake Division.  They only announce the top 10 wedding cakes (there were about 50-70 this year). 

As they were going through the cakes (from 10 to 1), the closer they kept getting to 1, the less chance I figured that my cake was in the top 10.  Definitely by the time they got to 6th place, I had pretty much convinced myself that I didn't get in the top 10 this year.  I've always said I would be happy to be in the top 10, I seriously don't think I've ever win 1st place, the other competitors are just too good.  Well...........they called 5th place and THEY CALLED MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so stunned I actually screamed!  Oh yes I did!  My friends congratulated me and I was on cloud nine!  I think I was still on it after I got home from the show, lol.  My friend's took this picture shortly after they called my name:


So, needless to day, the show was a great success, lol!  

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment