It is Christmastime - Yeah!!! I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday of the year. I also love making Christmas treats. For a few years, I've been giving them as Christmas gifts, and the recipients all seem to enjoy them!
So....you might be wondering....what kind of treats am I making? Probably too many, lol! Here is the list that I have come up with so far, hopefully I won't be adding any more - I seem to be running out of time to make them (eek!):
* Cake Truffles - I am planning 10 different flavors of these. They seem to be a love'em or hate'em kind of treat. Most people I know love them, but there are a few that don't like them. That's fine with me, and I do buy a gift for those that don't like them :)
* Caramel Apples - These may get nixed. I did a trial run of them, and it was ok, but I wasn't all that impressed with them.
* Caramel Candies - These are stupendously delicious!!
* Chocolate Caramel Candies - Haven't made these before, but how can chocolate and caramel be bad together?
* Cocoa Cones - Assorted flavors
* Rocher's - My first time trying to replicate a store-bought confection!
* Cookies - Right now I think about 6 different varieties....this could change depending on time constraints however!
I also have a friend who's son is on a Gluten Free Casein Free diet. I will be making him his very own cake truffles and peanut butter cookies.
Last but not least - PETS!! Can't leave them out, they love homemade treats too! It was an experiment last year, and it seemed to go over VERY well!
* Peanut Butter Honey Dog Treats
* Bacon Balls - last years turned out to be bacon blobs, but I think I used the wrong flour, lol. My dog did not complain about the taste!
* Pumpkin Dog Treats
* Dipped Dog Bones - store bought bones dipped in carob coating and yogurt coating
* Soft Doggie Treats - a few friend's dogs have trouble eating hard crunchy treats, and I didn't want to leave them out
* Cake Truffles - these may or may not get done....I found a recipe for Doggy Cake, and had the idea, lol
* Kitty Treats - since many friends seem to have cats!
So far, I have 8 of the cake flavors baked for the cake truffles. I have 2 more left to bake tomorrow. No pictures yet, but perhaps I will remember to take some while in the process of making the truffles tomorrow! Then again.....maybe not....don't want to give out ALL my secrets, lol
I will post pictures along the way, however. I just haven't taken any yet.