Saturday, December 11, 2010

A miracle may have occured today!

I actually got to work on my cake balls today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!  Not only did I get to work on them....I got them all rolled (all 1,183 of them)!!!!

Now, 1,183 might sound like a lot, and it probably is, lol, but there are ten flavors that I am making.  They are not dipped in chocolate yet.  In fact, they are in cake pans, covered with Stretch-Tite, in a sealed plastic tote in my garage.  Thank goodness for cold weather in December!!!!  I don't know what I'd do without my extra 'refridgerator', lol!

So, you're probably wondering what flavors I'm making........well, here they are:

Orange truffles with Dark Chocolate Coating
Orange truffles with White Chocolate Coating
Raspberry truffles with Dark Chocolate Coating
Raspberry truffles with White Chocolate Coating
Chocolate truffles with Mint Chocolate Coating
Chocolate truffles with Peanut Butter Coating
Lemon truffles with White Chocolate Coating
Yellow truffles with Milk Chocolate Coating
Butter Pecan truffles with Butterscotch Coating
Spice truffles with White Chocolate Coating

Most of these I have made before, and they are fantastic!!  The raspberry and butter pecan are new this year.  Hopefully they'll go over as well as the spice did last year.  I have some ideas for other flavors.  These include: strawberry truffles, red velvet truffles, and cinnamon truffles.

To make my truffles, I make my regular doctored box mix cake in the flavor I want, let them cool, then bust them up in the kitchen aid mixer.  If the edges are hard, I cut them off.  Same with the bottom of the cake.  I used liquid creamer to bind the crumbs together.  I just pour a thin stream into the mixer while it's going, until the consistency is what I want.  I then use a melon baller to scoop out the mixture and roll it in my hands.

I was then faced with the problem of where to store them until I can dip them.  There's no way there was going to be room in the refridgerator.  So, I thought of the garage, and that's where they are now, lol.

So, the cake for tomorrow's party isn't done.  I just had to get the cake truffles rolled today.  I am going to get up early and decorate the cake tomorrow before I leave for the party.

Tune in tomorrow to see how that goes! 

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment