Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's always something.............

Why is it that when you have a plan of what you're going to do in a day, it always seems to be sabotaged?

I started out this morning by heading out to meet with a hotel to set up a function, and then proceeded to Lorraine's Cake Supply in Hanover, MA to get some butterscotch melting wafers for some of my Christmas treats.  Of course, I did not buy just what I went there for, lol!  After there, I had planned to head to the grocery store to finish up buying some ingredients, and then to another cake shop for some boards and boxes.

Turns out the car had other ideas!!  I guess it spent so much time at the dealer that it was homesick.....  I left Lorraine's and got on the highway to head to my next destination and noticed something red flash on the instrument panel on the dash.   At first I thought I was seeing things....then it happened again and stayed on.  It was the battery light, and after stopping and checking the owner's manual, learned that it meant the battery wasn't being charged while driving.  ABS light also kept flashing on and off.  Well......that pretty much nixed the trip to the grocery store, and I turned around and headed to the dealer.

Got there about 1:00 or so, told them what was going on.  About 3:30 or so, they came and said that I needed a new alternator, new rear brakes (old one's won't pass inspection, and mine is expired), and my brake fluid was black.  Great!  The service tech said it would be ready in 3 hours....I actually said to him 'Will it really be ready in 3 hrs??'.  Cause everytime they give me a time estimate, it's never ready at that time.  I told him I'd be back tomorrow to pick it up.  I had already been there 2.5 hours and was in no mood to be there another 3-4-5 hrs.  So, I called my wonderful brother and he came and picked me up and brought me home.

Since I didn't get to the grocery store (and wasn't going to have wheels to go tomorrow), my mom and I went out for dinner and then to the store and finally got home about 8:30.  Needless to say, I had no desire to do any baking or anything else.  So I decided to relax tonight and spend tomorrow baking and treating :)

Hopefully, there will be pictures for you tomorrow!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment