Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flowers, flowers, flowers...............





I managed to get the rest of the little Forget-Me-Not's done (Yeah!!!)  So now I have 147 flowers done.  They still need to be dusted, wired and taped together. 









As if that wasn't enough, I decided to cover the sides of my cake boards with Forget-Me-Not's also.  These will be a little bigger than the ones I've been doing. 


I have 3 cake boards that they are going onto: 20", 22" and 24".  You may be wondering how many flowers it's going to take to cover the sides of the boards..... 




Fortunately for you (unfortunately for me, lol) I have the aswer!!!  420.   Yes, 420 of them!  So glad I'm good at math and used it to figure this out rather than having to make them to find out, lol.  I just so happen to have flower dryers that will hold 464 of these.  So that's how many I'm making.  Why so many extra you might be wondering......well, 1) breakage mostly and 2) I can use the extras for table decorations :D





In case most of you are wondering the general "shape" and layout of the cake, here's a picture of the naked dummies.  No, the Wilton columns are not part of the finished cake, they are just what I had to visualize the spacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment